31 March 2015

winter into spring


Q 1 2 0 1 4 F A V O U R I T E S || Skincare, Nails & Home

Before this month is out, I wanted to share some of my more recent favourite life-stuff. For any non 9-to-5ers, Q1 refers to January, February & March because these are the months I've enjoyed using these products the most. Plus let's be honest - you need cash money money to try lots of new things every month. Covering three-to-five months of experimenting, I've managed to cut my favourites down into a selective list of products I would genuinely recommend because I've spent [nearly] enough time incorporating them into my everyday lifestyle and am now a fan.

skincare. //

Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet ltd edt by The Bodyshop // I've switched up my skincare regime again, needed a change and my trusty Boots Botanics range stopped having the effects I was looking for. This little gem was a random buy [completely sold by the assistant!] but really glad I invested in it. It's the lightest formula I have ever used and feels like I am putting mini water bubbles onto my face every morning. It also has a lovely cooling effect on application [apparently caused by the hint of menthol in it] and keeps my skin feeling supple throughout the day and evening.

Indian Chocolate Pencil by Blink Brow Bar // these ladies know their brows, so naturally I invested into one of their eye brow pencils at the start of the year. Best decision because this pencil has magic powers and creates a natural, well-groomed brow look - even if you've got strays, trust me.

Runway by Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede // another gift from my client which I am impressed by. I am not a lipstick person, sometimes I lipgloss but generally it's all about the lip balms. This is the first lipstick/balm that I have got on with in the last few years - it feels like a balm but has a subtle natural colour for that added touch of lady-like-ness - and I love it.

Fabulous Oil by +L'Occitane en Provence // I don't know if this a cult product or not but if not, it really should be because it deserves it. The most expensive product I've purchased in the last six months but 100% worth every penny. I can't rave enough about it - it's multipurpose [for skin and hair], it smells incredible and it has destroyed any sign of dry skin. Too much love for this product because it really is fabulous!

Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream by The Body Shop // this whole range has had great reviews for a while and I was lured into it by the 98% natural ingredients list. Your eye area is a lot more sensitive than the rest of your face so I always think it's important to pick the right products that help the skin to protect and restore itself in the least intrusive way. On application this eye cream is smooth and it soon dries, tightening and lifting the skin around your eye.



nails. //

pineapples have peelings too! by +OPI Products // really into the glitter nail varnishes at the moment, maybe because I'm in a holiday-soon-please mood so sparkles will have to hold me over. This particular one is like a pineapple party in a pot, from OPI's newest and most gorgeous Hawaii range.

my dogsled is a hybrid by +OPI Products // just think this is a great transitional colour, muted enough to suit winter months but still has a vibrant pop for spring coming around the corner. A real winner of a shade and from OPI's Nordic range, another one of my favourites.

passion fruit by Barry M Gelly // I don't think you're ready for this Gelly. Mainly because it screams summer summer tiiime, but if you're brave I would go for it because this shade is just stunning and definitely puts me into a happy mood. Good for cheering up those long commutes.

pit stop by Barry M Quick Dry // this is the first shade I've tried in this new Barry M range and it definitely does what it says on the tin, and dries super fast. Have always though Barry M nail varnishes dry quickly anyway but extra bonus. Move over browns and baby pinks, this pretty shade is my current go to nude option.

winning streak by Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy // this was a gift from one of my lovely clients. I've not really used Revlon nail varnishes before so went into this with low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. One coat and it looks like you've been to the nail shop down the road. Lovely colour and has a professional finish.

ace of spades by Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy // similar to the above, another great colour with a perfect finish for those darker winter moods when I'm feeling super emosh. Though I love the Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy shades, the one criticism would be that after a few days wear my nails felt like they were lacking oxygen [i.e. couldn't breathe] - may just be me going crazy but I think the sealant / base in popular gel effect nail varnishes right now are very strong [hence the flawless finishes].



home. //

Jasmine Fields by Butlers Home & Soul // maybe it's a thing nowadays but recently I've got into candles and diffusers a lot more. I can't remember who mentioned this particular diffuser to me but I thought I would get my very own. There were a few scents in-store and I opted for Jasmine Fields which apparently has an exotic hint because it's composed of jasmine with subtle notes of rose, peach, apricot and fresh coconut. Whatever it's made of, it just smells delicious and is currently filling my room with zen.

Yellow wire-and-bead bird from South Africa // this was a Christmas present from my lovely extended family B & A, from their recent Christmas / New Year break in South Africa. It's made entirely from wire and yellow beads, the level of detail is nuts. Anyway, he is sitting on a shelf in my bedroom and cheers me up every day. How could he not? He's the colour of sunshine, so chirpy!


Do you have any real favourite products from the last few months? Let me know!

C: