1 September 2014

two years young


B L O G I V E R S A R Y #2 ||

Flowers for me guys, flowers for me*. Because guess what? I've reached that time of the year again where I realise that I still have this little gem of a place on the interweb where I get to ramble about anything and everything; and for some amazing reason [which I am always super grateful for] you've all kept going along with me. I won't lie, it felt surreal the first time I wrote one of these [Jingle Jungleone year young], and a year later it still feels surreal. It's been a challenging last few months for me personally but looking back over the whole year, there are so many amazing memories I've managed to capture [and share with you all]. Without getting all emotional up in here, whether you have just found me, have been following me from the start or just an every-now-and-then-visitor, this is another MASSIVE Thank You [yes, with capitals] for stopping by, supporting, commenting and just taking out your valuable time to browse my little blogster. You're all ACE, so thank you.

Here's to a super duper year two and to hopefully another year of more adventuring. Wahooo!

*completely unintentional timing but going with it - more of these flowers to come sooneth.

blog stats || the story so far

total posts | 155 posts
most viewed |  backpack bonanza, let's be clear, playing camouflage, coachella crush & dancetastic
most readers | UK, USA, Germany, Russia, France, Canada*, Ukraine, Australia, China & Italy
*thank you shout-out if that's all you Pip!

top fives || by key themes

personal style posts

1 | black and white - the time I realised I had only packed my overnight bags with black and white clothes. Oh and the bags were black and white too.

2 | gold leaves - styling +UNIQLO UK's Orla Kiely autumn collaboration collection by the river. This post makes me miss being [a fifteen minute walk] riverside.

3 | sunny spring - celebrating International Women's Day with +Diane over a yummy brunch @ the Table and a gloriously sunny walk over to St Paul's.

4 | a proper garden - having a proper English afternoon filled with garden walks, cream teas and a spot of croquet at Paycocke's House & Gardens in Essex with Gina.

5 | cutie koala - an animal themed [don't worry, no animals were harmed in the making] chill out after +Diane got back from Australia and brought me cutie mr koala-bag.


lifestyle [& travel] posts

1 | carnival vibes - another fun and colourful outting to Notting Hill Carnival [2013], which led to our photo being published in a beautiful book on the history of carnival this year [thank you Ishmahil!].

2 | concrete jungle - exploring the Barbican complex post brunch and seeing a childhood memory grow into a beautiful piece of architecture with a touch of nature.

3 | the red island - I was lucky enough to spend the start of 2014 in beautiful Madagascar. This is what I got up to and if you're interested in what I ate [pretty important] then check out I LOVE RICE too.

4 | pick a colour - probably one of my most colourful posts to date, bartering at Columbia Flower Market in peak spring season on one of my many London explores with Mim.

5 | the big bang - WOMAD festival has always been one my summer highlights and this year was just incredible, definitely one of the best I'd been to.

[a sneaky] 6 | a leafy pause - taking a pause from city life, escaping and admiring grandma Sheila's beautiful award-winning garden.


nail game posts

1 | hare's got game - the realisation that nail art rules and painting animal faces is the best activity to steer away the sunday blues; and more funny bunnies for you via bunny love.

2 | the oriental meringue - they were meant to be meringues… they became a nice oriental, maybe Japanese style pattern?! The "experimentation" had clearly started.

3 | diva bees - THEY ARE WEARING LIPSTICKS. That is all.

4 | panda proud - the animal theme was strong at this point and given black-and-white animals rule ten [very surprised looking] pandas were born onto my nails.

5 | good grapes - nail art inspired by volunteering in a new vineyard @ Forty Hall Farm & Vineyard.

[a sneaky] 6 | three stripes - getting bargain new kicks and becoming a little protective of my +adidas City Marathons even ended up inspiring my nail art.


foood posts

1 | brunch regen - probably the longest [and most ridiculous] wait for brunch with the bros. The frustration ended up disappearing into thin air almost instantly as brunch grub had been taken to a new level @ Caravan in King's X.

2 | craft beer here - I got an invitation from the lovely +Chris to go to Craft Beer Rising. Ate, drank and boogied to some Mr Scruff with +Asad - a deliciously good time.

3 | work it - recommended by Adrian, this is another mighty fine brunch spot in London and my goodness was their coffee goooood.

5 | seeing stars - amazing food meets a good old explore of Brussels with some good friends. Loved how full of yummy food this trip was. A big shout-out to 'T Park in Tervuren - venue to one of the best meals I've had yet - and Max for showing us an excellent time.

6 | back to basics - invited by +Chris to learn how to make fresh pasta and tiramisu from the lovely Rosalind and wonderful team @ The Cookery School. I learnt a few things or two and it was a really good giggle.

new feature example | good morning kuching - I started a new DISHY of the week feature and this is one I've been missing recently: the glorious Laksa Sarawak from my trip to Malaysia & Borneo for Raiman's wedding.


What a year, still surreal. THANK YOU again for stopping by!

C: