29 June 2014

a proper garden


O U T F I T ||

This is no ordinary garden chair, this is Paycocke's House & Garden's garden chair. Pretty cute right? I think so too. I would love to own one of my own… one day!

On my last trip to Coggeshall [part of the Essex Way] it was really hot and I got to wear this checkered little number. It's quite a safe choice for me: my go-to dress shape & muted colours. Relatively toned down from my usual colours but I quite enjoyed sporting it. Feminine, fitted and light - perfect for the great weather. Shame the summer rains are ruling our skies again, otherwise I would wear it more.

dress [River Island]
bag, necklace & sandals [Primark]
bracelets [Accessorize]

thanks & shout out to one of my favourite bloggers Patricia of patriciabright.co.uk who enticed me back into Primark after an on-purpose year off - she's right though, they do have some really great pieces in at the moment. Generally, the High Street is doing an excellent job right now so check it out.


The cute Essex town of Coggeshall is full of some beautiful National Trust gems, Paycocke's being one of them. The house and the garden are stunning, kept looking well by volunteers. The house is a museum where you can view the rooms laid out by the different eras its been lived in. The garden is a lovely place to walk around, play a spot of croquet or have a little read in. It's a proper English garden full of roses, lavender and all sorts of green. To top it off, we even had scones and coffee under a lovely tree in the shade. A proper afternoon!


C: