10 March 2014

sunny spring


This weekend marked International Women's Day. After spending the actual day with boys [and as lovely as they are], it was only right that I spent the next day celebrating [and chilling] with one of my favourite lady-rocks: miss Diane. Our catch up involved the usual good food, giggles and chatting about life, the universe and everything. Though it's always fun to hang out, I think it's important to sometimes take the time out to recognise achievements, get grounded and get organised for the next challenge. I feel pretty fortunate that I have some very strong women role models in my life and this weekend my thanks go out to all of them. If you don't know who you are, I'm sure I'll remind you at some point ;-)

coat [Zara]
jumper [Esprit]
jeans & shoes [Topshop] 
scarf [H&M x Versace]
bag [handmade from Madagascar]


For our little date, Diane suggested heading over to The Table CafĂ©. After reading a couple of reviews,  we decided to try and head over relatively early given the pre-warnings of long queues. We arrived just after half eleven and it was super well timed because soon after the queue was up the street! Neither of us are that patient so an ideal situation. We sat amongst one of many groups of dinners on either side of a long, large wooden table. Almost canteen style. It was pretty buzzy [Diane wasn't sure she liked how busy it was but I quite enjoyed the atmosphere]. Despite being down on staff, service was prompt and friendly. It was a lovely space to eat in, airy and modern, with a comprehensive brunch menu serving your standard savouries [full breakfasts], sweets [pancakes & waffles] and a wide variety of brunch drinks [coffees, teas, smoothies, milkshakes and even cocktails]. From what I could see on the plates that wafted past me, everything looked tasty. I chose the house speciality dish of sweetcorn fritters which was delicious, a little too big for me but yummy all the same. Another good test is the milkshakes - genuinely one of the best I've had, creamy yet light and hit just the right spot.

i had | sweetcorn fritter & poached eggs, vanilla milkshake and a latte
diane had | eggs royale, morning glory smoothie and a cappuccino


Post brunch, it only seemed right that we had a little wander especially as the sky was bright blue, cloudless and the sun was shinning. The warmest day so far this year apparently and London looked amazing. We walked past the Tate Modern, along the Millennium Bridge and made our way over to the One New Change shopping and office complex next door to St Paul's Cathedral. This strip of London is one of my favourite places to walk around, especially on a beautiful day like yesterday. It's one I usually either recommend or take visitors to as I think it gives a great view of the city. Although I've lived in London most of my life, I still find myself discovering new places which is always fun. Diane works in the city so was like my little guide, taking me to One New Change which I hadn't been to before. On a day when Londoners and tourists were swarming the streets [understandably so], One New Change was a welcome break from the masses - it was quiet, cool and a great place to do some afternoon retail therapy. All in all, a great little day. Now, let's just hope the sun stays!

C:


london | photos [of me] by +Diane Talabi