31 October 2013

pumpkin pugs


H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

I've been really getting into the swing of Halloween these last couple of years. Mainly thanks to my American buddy KK (she throws the best Halloween gatherings, s'mores and all!) but also I've discovered that I actually love pumpkin carving. I like free-drawing a random pattern/face and just going with the carving flow. It's hard work, there were some red hands and some good elbow grease going into carving, but so satisfying once you see your design lit up in the dark. Have you guessed which pumpkin is mine yet? I'll give you a clue, I named him Fangy :) On the actual night of Halloween, I ended up going to a suitably halloween-y restaurant for my friend Pete's birthday. Guaca is a Mexican restaurant in Fulham. It was my first visit and I was really impressed with both the service and the food. I tried some new things tonight, 1) King Prawn Salsitas [prawns, peppers, onions and spicy sauce with rice and salad] and 2) Guaca Margarita [tequila, avocado, passion fruit, agave syrup and fresh lime juice], both of which were really really good. Fun atmosphere, beautiful skull prints on the chairs, and free-for-all sombreros if you really want to get in the mood. And to top it all off, I also bumped into the cutest trick or treaters tonight: Betty & Ben, pugs who dressed up as pumpkins. Super Halloween Chic and incredibly cute!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween :)