25 October 2013

autumn prints


Autumn is undoubtedly here but I am clearly refusing to welcome it into my life as legs were out again last weekend for a spot of brunch and coffee in Covent Garden with my buddy Kevin. It wasn't actually that cold outside but I decided to cosy up [minus the bare legs] anyway, wearing a pretty cotton dress mummy bought me for Christmas last year and my favourite +Uniqlo cardigan.

Location | Kopapa café & restaurant, 32-34 Monmouth street, Seven Dials, WC2H 9HA

Kevin and I organised to meet up at Kopapa after my dance class. I'd heard a lot about this place and based on Kevin's experience as well as various friends' recommendations, I thought why not give it a try. Really glad we booked a table as it was pretty busy inside. Once sat down, the first thing we saw on the menu was brunch cocktails. Bit early... so I ordered my usual latte. Then onto the menu... everything sounded delicious! There's a good variety of brunch options [also a fair few words we didn't understand, clearly need to brush up on the brunch-vocab] from french toast or "pikelets" [apparently mini pancakes to you and me] to a steak sandwich. Kevin opted for the latter and I opted for: Kopapa's hot smoked salmon on toast with spinach, two poached eggs & yuzu hollandaise. Though I couldn't finish it all [I never seem to be able to], I can vouch that it was very tasty - solid brunch dish.


The restaurant itself is buzzy and modern. Staff are friendly except I felt were a little off one or two times. I asked a few questions about a couple of the dishes and got some blank it's-this-how-can-you-not-know-that looks, to which I obviously replied "apologies, I don't know that's why I'm asking". However, this may just be because the team seemed pretty swept off their feet. Other than this little hiccup, Kopapa is a good little stopover destination for brunch in central London and I would recommend as the food is great.

Post-brunch, we decided to grab another coffee as Kevin the busy-working-man had some work to do. We headed over to probably one of my favourite Costa coffee shops [it's really nice in there so if you ever need to chill out mid browsing in the vicinity of Neal Street, go!]. I had a vanilla latte, tasty as always and the best way in my opinion to end a fun brunch.

outfit | print cotton dress (present from mum), green cardigan (+UNIQLO UK), tutu coat & brown boots (+Topshop), scarf (+Accessorize)

nails | sunflower inspired, step-by-step guide here