10 August 2013

one year young


This week marks a little milestone for me: my first bloggerversary! I genuinely can't believe it's been a year already since I started this little blog of mine but here it is and it feels a little unreal. Why? Because 1) I have the attention span of a two year old so the fact I've even managed to keep this thing going is beyond me and 2) When I look through my posts over the last year, it makes me smile that I was able to capture so many lovely moments. It's been an exciting journey, I've learnt a lot (but am sure I still have a lot more to!), made some new friends, discovered great new haunts in London - and most importantly, I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to you for stopping by and taking the time to either look at, read or comment on my blog. Hope you like my Year One highlights and here's to many more adventures to come :)

nails | base: spilled milk (Topshop), candle: pulsating (Rimmel) with pink flamingo (Barry M) stripes, flame: electric yellow (Maybelline Color Show) with deutsch you want me baby? (OPI)

Blog Stats | Year One

Total posts: 79
Most viewed: backpack bonanza, let's be clear, it's a structured life, lulu emilia and me at tea, my sake journey
Most readers: UK, US, Russia, Germany, France, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Spain, Romania

Top Fives | posts by key theme

Outfit & Lifestyle posts

1 | styled in celia & lulu emilia and me at tea - this is cheating but both outfit posts starring +UNIQLO UK collaborations with designers Celia Bertwell & Lulu Guinness are two of my favourite posts

2 | blue suede shoes - these shoes were an absolute bargain from +H&M and are my favourite summer colour this year

3 | lucky seven - this is definitely my most colourful post and favourite musing times with +Asad in one of our favourite areas of London: Notting CHill

4 | playing camouflage - another really colourful post but this time with a hint of street art discovery with my friend Adrian made for a fun little afternoon in East London

5 | snow play - I had lots of fun giggling and playing in London Snow this year, there is snow in my hair in this post!


Nail Art posts

1 | my duck adventure - this is quite a recent post and was inspired by the Chinese mushrooms as part of an amazing duck feast at HKK London with +Chris

2 | midnight sky - a simple concept that inspired me and turned out to be one of my favourite nail art to wear this year

3 | representing africa - I was feeling ambitious when I first started these nails but ended up with cute mini Africa continents on my thumbs in preparation for +WOMAD UK festival (check out my review of the festival here: day one, day two & day three)

4 | monkey business - ah my glitter phase... the glitter nail tips and monkey rings just made me smile

5 | my name is cupid valentino - these are my cheat nails (I didn't paint the hearts, woops) but they just looked so lovey-dovey-cute for Valentine's that I love them; had a super meal too!


New discoveries (events, places, designers) posts

1 | zen in the city - Book & Kitchen is one of +Asad and I's favourite places-to-chill discoveries this year and would recommend you visit if you are ever in Notting Hill and need somewhere to unwind

2 | graduate kicks - stumbled on Graduate Fashion Week and got snap happy because the outfits outside the venue were just too good to not capture

3 | sketchy style - girly fun times at my first time at Sketch for afternoon tea, what a quirky place!

4 | poodles peacocks and flowers - I live in scarves so when I discovered designer Elizabeth Kate I had to instantly add onto my wish list as her designs are just beautiful

5 | let's be clear - another designer discovery with a trend I really like (the rise of perspex), Charlotte Olympia just creates some special accessories that are fun yet classy



If you are enjoying my blog, follow and keep up-to-date with me via...
...would love to hear from you as always :)