14 July 2013

oh hello sunshine


Summer has finally landed in London! YEY. I am so happy I don't have to wear a million layers to go outside. I have been craving sun since last September when I was in Mallorca (I genuinely forgot what it felt like to have the sun's warm rays on my skin) so this is 100% amazing and I hope you're all enjoying it as much as I am :)

This time last week, I had made my way northwards to Chez Berni to celebrate little Berni's birthday as well as warm the new house of the Berni sisters. It was a beautifully sunny day, Murray was on form (and went on to win Wimbledon!), the constant smell of Italian food and BBQ was in the air and Pimm's was flowing freely. There was also some paddling pool action, a watermelon eating contest and lots of giggling which made me feel like I was five years old again which was great and made for a sparkling afternoon of relaxing. Ultimately, it's good friends that make enjoying the sunshine that extra bit special. Let's now hope it stays for the rest of British summer time :)

wearing | pinny denim dress, espadrilles & revo sunglasses (+Topshop), sequined tank top (+H&M), earrings (Orelia @ +Topshop)

all the photos above by Alistair & below by me


1) Birthday girl lil Berni cutting her incredible cake.
2) Paddling pool fun in the garden.
3) Incredible food as per usual chez Berni - BBQ Italian sausages & skewers. YUM.


1) Ellie with her stylish cat-eye sunnies and Emilia styling it out in the BBQ smoke.
2) Dip in the paddling pool, even more fun in a flowery onesie.
3) The lovely Berni sisters stylish as always and rocking excellent prints with statement necklaces.