23 June 2013

the (nearly) rainbow


Sun, rain, sun, rain... I can't keep track. So here's a bunch of rainbows. That should add some fun and smiles into my week. The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice that there is a missing colour in my rainbow (ahem, violet). Two reasons why: I couldn't find a violet + I ran out of space. Let's hope attempt no.2 of the rainbow nails is relatively more successful :)

nails | [base] silver bullet (Rimmel London), [nearly rainbow] bright red, block orange (Barry M), electric yellow (Color Show by +Maybelline UK), mint green, blue moon (Barry M), trophy wife (50, Essie)

This weekend consisted of lots of good dancing and eating (surprise surprise) again. Today was my first time at Rivington Street Festival in East London, thanks to Simon and Chris. It's a free festival with live music and DJs from midday to 10pm, there are lots of independent stalls selling anything from clothes to cupcakes as well as photo booths and face painting. A really nice vibe overall and we even discovered a great (newly favourite) funky band called Stony Browder Jnr. We were so excited when we spotted the band packing up after their set from the window of The Diner (we needed a sit down!) and ran across the road for a photo opp. They decided that the best fan pic would be to kneel down and jazz hand at me - I was so embarrassed but it made me giggle so was awesome. Simon, Chris and I really hope to see them again soon as they seemed like a lovely bunch!

Favourite stalls-slash-discoveries | Bros With Fros [clothing], Kenza [accessories], the indulgent SUGAR plum [cakes]


Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon :)