30 June 2013

styled in celia


COLLABORATION: Celia Birtwell x Uniqlo

A few months ago Uniqlo introduced another collaboration range with UK designer Celia Birtwell for their S/S 2013 collection. Versus the Lulu Guiness collaboration - which I clicked with instantly - this collaboration took me a while to decide whether I could see myself wear and style the collection. The prints are pretty distinct and the colours bold. Usually this would be my heartland but I think the choice completely confused me which explains why I ended up choosing the vivid-and-oh-so-bright grey as my chosen base colour! I opted for the twinkle dark grey pyjama pants (similar in navy here), grey stole C and pretty woman stole F (which I wore here) and because I took so long to pick I got them all in the sale - winning. The trousers (or is it a skirt... skousers!) are super soft and comfy - I was actually waiting for the right occasion to sport them somewhere nice where I could also lounge around. So the first time I wore this outfit was at Emilia and Cati's housewarming and it was just the perfect outfit to wear for a summery, chilled weekend. I am really happy with my choice as now I can add on any pop of colour I want to, like my favourite red boots I got for my last birthday :)

I really like it when high-street collaborates with designers (particularly those from homeground) because I feel I get exposed to brands I would never have thought of and that I am supporting british designers.  And the best part - I can also get my hands on designs I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. All in all, everybody wins - no?

wearing | black leopard print crop top (+H&M), twinkle dark grey pyjama pants & grey stole (+UNIQLO UK), red boots (present) & RB3016 W0365 Clubmaster in ebony / arista (+Ray-Ban)

above photos thanks to Emilia


#styledincelia - if you want to see how others have styled the Celia Birtwell x Uniqlo pieces then check this
buy - check out and shop the collection in collaboration with Uniqlo here - there are still a few items left!
prints - check out all of Celia Birtwell's beautiful prints here - I've pulled out some of my favourites below

1. Bric a Brac | 2. Dandy | 3. Pretty Woman | 4. Sugar plum