17 June 2013

sketchy style


It has been a long but great week. I wanted to take it easy over the weekend but ended up running around like usual - surprise surprise. I clearly can't stay still. The weekend started with a quick pop into Queen's Club to try and catch a centre court match - luckily, as a local area resident I was able to get in for free with a couple of friends after work and were able to get a few resell tickets for a bargain £15 (which would go to charity). We managed to catch the Tsonga vs. Kudla quarter final - great atmosphere and felt very lucky to have got in! Saturday then consisted of dance class and then straight onto afternoon tea with the girlies at the spectacular Sketch. It was my first time at Sketch and based on what I'd seen whilst stalking online, I wasn't disappointed. The tea itself was beautifully presented, tasty and the attention to detail was impressive. The venue was like nothing I'd ever visited before - if you want unique, this is the place to go. We ended up in the Gallery rather than the Glade (as advertised on the afternoon tea site) but were just as impressed with the decor. It was really different and fun - I would even recommend visiting the bathroom because the cubicles were eggs under a disco sky (yes, EGGS) which you will have to go and see to believe me! After tea, we headed over to Barrio Central for some happy hour fun before heading off to our various evening plans. It was a super afternoon with the girls and another lovely weekend :)

This was my "dancing to tea" outfit - I decided to stick to my trainers and leggings, swapped my t-shirt with a cute dress and added a blazer and statement necklace to make the outfit a little more smart. I've also been experimenting with my new, shorter hair and this style just seemed super easy to dance in as well as easily fixable in preparation for tea.

wearing | black dress (+H&M), black cut-out leggings (present), black heat-tech leggings (+UNIQLO UK), golden green blazer (Zara), leaf gold necklace (Camden market), yellow +Converse

outfit photos above thanks to Jamie & photos below by me and Rai