12 May 2013

lulu, emilia and me at tea


COLLABORATION: Lulu Guinness x Uniqlo

It's Lulu again! Last time I posted about Lulu, I was obsessing over my colleague's super cute purse. Low and behold, one of my favourite high street stores Uniqlo have done it again. They have collaborated with Lulu Guinness to bring us some cute cute cute (and affordable!) tops. This is the second time the designer has worked with Uniqlo and I have to say that I was very excited to get my paws on one of these beauties. I opted for the cat and mouse print white top with Peter Pan collar (it also comes in black) - mainly because it is covered in cats, it's super feminine and it was a bargain £12.90!

Here, I've paired my lulu tee with your iconic lulu colours (black, white and red) and tried to keep my outfit fun, practical (there go those trainers again) with hopefully a little touch of afternoon tea glamour. What do you think? Would love to know and see how you've dressed your lulu pieces :)

wearing | white cat & mouse tee (Lulu Guinness x Uniqlo), red pencil skirt (Sting), gold beaded black cardigan, red leather bag, tutu trench coat (Topshop), red Puma Match trainers

check out the rest of the Lulu Guinness x Uniqlo range here
read Lulu Guinness' thoughts behind the range here

photos (above) taken by the lovely Emilia


The lovely and always well dressed Emilia and I decided to check out an "alternative" all american afternoon tea at BRGR.CO - think of your traditional english afternoon tea and swap finger sandwiches for mini burgers and fries, cakes for mini milkshake / cheesecake / brownie / doughnut and tea for bourbon ice tea and prosseco. We didn't really know what it would be like, the restaurant seemed relatively new and we both like to take afternoon tea quite seriously so this had the potential of being quite gimmicky. The food itself was good, it was a fun way to have afternoon tea and overall good value for money. Though I probably wouldn't have it again (think once is good but will go back for a proper full sized burger!), I would recommend if you want to try something a little different for a catch up with friends.

Emilia wears | white lace top & jacket (Warehouse), black jeggings (Gok for Sainsbury's), pastel print scarf (H&M) and grey court shoes (Nine West)