30 May 2013

comfort seeking


I think I'm quickly becoming a fan of 1+ bank holidays per month (more please!), because clearly two in a month is not enough for me. My second May bank holiday (weekend just gone) kicked off in style at Champagne & Fromage on Friday night with girl friends. It was a definite I-feel-naughty-doing-this-but-will-do-it-anyway situation, which is actually alright in my opinion if you don't do it too often. To summarise our evening, the beverage was bubbly, the baked camembert with figs and walnut was ummm heaven and the post-dinner macaroons were delightful. Overall, 7.5/10. The rest of the long weekend was then spent having more good food, a housewarming, eating lots of naughty-for-you-but-delicious food at Meat Mission and then Byron, buying extravagant flowers at bargain prices at Colombia Road flower market, more eating and bubbles in the garden and just general enjoyment of the temporary sun trap. All in all, I love bank holidays and wish we could have them all the time, ha. Seriously. I also like the fact that I did all of this in the comfiest, loungy-est, and occasionally ridiculous clothes. No effort this bank holiday, just good old comfort outfits. More outfits will appear... watch this space. Also, SO HAPPY I can still quiff the short hair. Winning. Hope you all enjoyed your bank holiday weekend as much as I did mine :) would love to know what you got up to!

wearing | black chiffon maxi skirt (+American Apparel), leopard sheer crop top (+H&M), gold studded cardigan (+Topshop), spice shoes in tan (SOLE, similar on sale here), RB3016 W0365 Clubmaster in ebony / arista (+Ray-Ban)

photos above thanks to Nigel | food photos below: me

(friday) fun at Champagne & Fromage eating and giggling very loudly with Sofia, Anna & Emilia


(saturday) fun at Emilia & Cati's house warming with beautiful food a la Emilia


(sunday) fun at Colombia Road flower market playing matchy-matchy with bouquets & Meat Mission eating spicy bingo wings with Ciara and Jan & Byron catching up over a veggie burger and Crunchie sundae with Kevin


(monday) fun in the garden, spoilt by Nigel with this platter of meats & cheese and bubbly