30 April 2013

shades of spring


Spring (fingers crossed) is finally here and I am loving all of the blossoms appearing everywhere. It's also given me a lot of nail art inspiration so thought I would share what my nails have been styled in over the last few weeks. 

(1) "spring wedding flowers" | electric yellow (color show by Maybelline), silver bullet (60 Seconds by Rimmel), bright red & plum (Barry M), worn here

(2) "in bloom" | mint green, emerald green, raspberry, peach melba (Barry M) & electric yellow (color show by Maybelline), worn here

(3) "blue sky dreaming" | blue moon (Barry M) & trophy wife (Essie), worn here


Though this one wasn't quite inspired by spring, more of a random top-of-head let's just go crazy pattern, I really liked wearing this design as it was fun but still felt subtle enough for work.

(4) "hundreds and thousands" | raspberry, peach melba (Barry M) & silver bullet (60 Seconds by Rimmel)

Named as such because it reminded me so much of these sprinkles I like to use when decorating cupcakes. Here are some a couple of girl friends and I made for our girls night in over the weekend. Chai spice cupcakes with chocolate icing, yummy :)