3 April 2013

dreaming of a white easter


Easter weekend was a mini milestone for me - my first ever wedding. Surprising I know, but when you have a relatively small family and friends are getting engaged but not yet getting married then it's less surprising right? Anyway, I was super excited and quickly came face to face with my first challenge - what to wear. Easter should technically be spring already so I thought florals, light fabrics, feminine and lined up a couple of potential dresses. Then, English weather happened and I was then faced with the likelihood of cold winds, snow (what?! in nearly April?!) and potential rain... essentially: try to look wedding-pretty all whilst keeping as warm as possible. Easy right? Not quite. After much deliberation, I eventually settled for the above outfit armed with tights, cosy socks, faux-fur stole and a change of footwear (wellies) for any potential weather related challenges. Then, I panicked that I wasn't sporting enough colour for a spring-time feeling so cue the DIY spring flower nails and red white flower crown. If the weather won't give me blooming flowers, then I will make them myself! And hey presto, my first wedding outfit was planned. I enjoyed the DIY so much that I decided it would be lovely to make a his and hers flower crown and pin as a wedding gift, all matchy matchy and cute (first photo). As for the wedding itself, I couldn't have picked a better first ever wedding to go to - the whole day was just magical, I was so happy for the lovely bride and groom as they truly deserved the best day and celebration possible. My wedding adventure was then rounded off with a lovely (but extremely chilly) two hour walk through the hills of Herefordshire and Wales. Let's just say, I was very relieved I had my knee length fluo wellies with me as there was so much more snow than I expected. Mojo the dog seemed to enjoy it too and I think we both agreed that all in all it was another great little adventure thanks to Gina, Ian, wedding guests and good old Cymru!

wearing | dotty white shirt (Gap), monochrome floral pencil skirt (Topshop), black faux-fur stole (a present), black shimmer tights (Boots), cosy white socks (Primark), red chelsea boots (a present) and red & white floral crown (diy made by me)

nails | electric yellow (color show by Maybelline), silver bullet (60 Seconds by Rimmel), bright red & plum (Barry M)

all photos by me