22 April 2013

coachella crush

So, the weekend before last saw another Coachella pass by and oh my how much I wish I had gone this year... I've been enjoying reading some of my favourite bloggers' reviews and outfit posts from the desert party though. Sincerely, Jules, Song of Style and Le Blog de Betty (also here) sported some particularly cute outfits. There were some excellent celebrity outfits spotted all over the place too so I thought I would put together the top three celebrity styles that stood out for me. If you were there - I AM JEALOUS - I hope you had an amazing time. As for me, maybe next year Coachella!

1. Kate Bosworth
I love both of Kate's outfits because they seem so chic and simple and are yet full of detail. I wouldn't normally say black or white were my go-to colours for a festival look (I tend to go completely bonkers with colours) but Kate has completely convinced me to think otherwise. While the colours may be quite classic (or some may even say safe), the cut out print, the fur, the sheer skirt make it just as fun, flirty and playful without going over the top. And that is why Kate's look is in the number one spot for my favourite Coachella celebrity styles.


2. Solange Knowles
Oh Solange, how I want to just steal your entire wardrobe. If you want to stand out at a festival, this is the way to do it. LESSONS FROM SOLANGE. I feel like that should be a hashtag or something. I don't really know where to start... she is just CUTE and COLOURFUL and CUTE. Yes, I said cute twice because she just deserves it. I love the pop of neon colour, the prints (especially the lemons), the chunky heeled sandals and just Solange looking very comfortable and happy with her own style. This is how to wear colour with a touch of sophistication. Let's just face it, I think I may have a new style crush.


3. Katy Perry
If any celebrity wants to learn how to do fun and quirky, Katy is your girl. Not only did she not disappoint with her Coachella outfit but wore exactly what I would want to wear to any festival. It's fun, it's playful, she looks like queen of the jungle and if this outfit doesn't produce a smile or a giggle on your face then I don't know what will. Plus, I love how she managed to work it both in white platforms and cute sandals. Good work Katy.


photos from Vogue.com and Huffpost Celebrity