24 April 2013

belated birthday fun


I've had a couple of days off work again and today managed to catch up with my lovely +Diane who's mini-milestone birthday I missed because she has been having too much fun in Coachella and Miami (clearly not jealous at all). We were super lucky weather wise - I feel for her coming from 30+ degrees heat to our "warm" spring but the sun definitely shone for us today and London looked beautiful. After picking out something pretty from Topshop's Orelia range (my little present to her), we headed to L'Eto caffe in Soho for some birthday cake action. Diane chose a mango and coconut meringue accompanied by a jasmine and lychee iced tea whereas I opted for the fatty-chubs option of plum millefeuille (yup. that recent gym session was completed wasted on me but YUM) accompanied by a pineapple and ginger juice mix. We spent the next few hours chatting, satisfying our sweet tooth cravings and giggling away. Luckily the staff were very relaxed as by the time we left, about 3 and a half hours had passed by! That's what I call an excellent catch up, belated birthday celebration and day off in one :)

wearing | black Jamie skinnies & silver studded sleeveless leather biker jacket (Topshop), Hello Kitty vest (H&M), black and leopard print creepers (Office - similar here)

accessories | RB3016 W0365 Clubmaster in ebony / arista (Rayban), jungle print satin scarf (Conscious Collection by H&M), black mini twistlock holdall (similar in blue here) & black question mark ring (Topshop)

thanks to the birthday girl for taking my outfit photo