9 December 2012

printastic

H I G H E N D // 2 // H I G H S T R E E T
alternatives for fashionistas on a budget
featuring Sass & Bide


I spotted these Sass & Bide beauties recently in Stylist magazine's daily emails Emerald Street and since then have been on the look-out for high-street alternatives which may not be as painful on the purse strings. Heading North in particular is a limited edition piece by Sass & Bide, handmade in Kenya as part of the United Nations Ethical Fashion program; I always think it's great to see the promotion of ethical fashion.

I love these bags because the prints are distinct, the colours are bright but not too in-your-face and all in all they are bound to make any outfit standout. I also tend to be drawn to African inspired prints so I'm not surprised these caught my eye... Generally, I tend to colour coordinate what I'm wearing with the chosen bag or jewellery or shoes but in this case I would probably just team any of these with a LBD and let the bag do all the talking!


Sass & Bide

High Street Alternatives 
(£50 or under)
ASOS Aztec Sequin Clutch, £35
ASOS Jacquard Weave Foldover Clutch, £25

all photos sourced from: 
sassandbide.com, asos.com, nelly.com, uk.accessorize.com, designersguild.com