29 August 2012

splash of colour

Last weekend, I went to Notting Hill Carnival - Europe's biggest street festival (or as I like to call it, street party!) held right in the centre of London. The event is led by the West Indian community here and is one of my favourite annual events.

There is always great music, amazing costumes, the most delicious food (I have jerk chicken with rice and peas, salad, plantain & dumplings, yum) and lots of dancing. This year, it definitely didn't disappoint! Everyone was celebrating in what I can only call a sea of colours. Basically, think of a rainbow and imagine it taking over the streets of Notting Hill.

This year's discovery: Good Times bus (pic 3), where we danced away to soul, funk and old school hip hop.

This year's highlight: chasing the tail of the Carnival procession (pic 1 & 2) and watching everyone soak in the Caribbean vibes.

Can't wait for next year =)


Does not even compare but me:
Parrot Earrings (Aldo), Green button necklace (Annesi) & Green round sunglasses (Kurt Geiger)